- IE 8 still has a 20 day window of keeping history by default; A setting that can be maxed to 999 days only.
- Safari 5 for windows will remember your last month history by default; this setting can be changed to "Delete manually".
- Opera 10 will remember last 1000 addresses that you navigated by default. the maximum is 50000.
- IE 9 (although beta) has changed the default to 365 with 999 days as maximum.
- Firefox 3.6 "will remember your history" unless you change the settings.
- Chrome does not have an option to change you history storage. you can just delete you whole history.
The remaining two browsers, Chrome and Safari, have totally different ways of going through the web history. Apple uses its cover flow interface for almost everything: music in iTunes, files in Finder, bookmarks and history in Safari: a little overwhelming.
- You should be able to carry on your web history: from your old laptop to the new one, from you work desktop to your laptop, and also your phone.
- You should more easily access your web history: not just a grouped list that you should click and open and see the website urls.